View Single Post
Old 10-29-2006, 10:56 PM   #28
Airwaves

Maybe you misunderstood?

J.A.B. wrote in part:
Quote:
The two big boats use a few people on board to operate it, and use a hell of a lot of fuel and I doubt if they could catch a boat in a chase. I think they should sell them boats (ON THE OCEAN) and use smaller crafts on the lake that are not costing so much.
Those vessels are not used by the USCG or the Marine Patrol for chasing down violators of the law.

They are utility boats.

They are designed for heavy weather. They are designed to take the prop wash from a USCG or Medical helicopter.

So, if you are in trouble on Lake Winnipesaukee, the past few days are a good example, do you want an 18 foot Sears aluminum boat with an outboard trying to rescue you? Or maybe a 25' boat that Marine Patrol might have on hand, or whatever else may be available?

Do you want a vessel with a crew on board that is designed for heavy weather and rescue operations headed out onto the lake to save your ass?

I know that many folks on Winnipesaukee have labeled the former CG boats "Battleships" but when the weather is bad those "Battleships" can and will save your life and the lives of your loved ones.

Or I can lend them an 8' rowboat.
Airwaves is offline   Reply With Quote