View Single Post
Old 11-27-2010, 05:36 AM   #50
ApS

Question RISK Your NECK...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishoot308 View Post
Knowing that wearing a helmet in an automobile would save a lot of lives would you be for it?? If not why??
About half of vehicles on the roads today are SUVs, and SUVs have a "roll-over" problem. Even our ever-present Armco barriers aren't built high enough to prevent an SUV from completely rolling over them!

Airbags don't help, and too many drivers aren't wearing their seatbelts. This will expose a SUV "rollover victim" to cervical fracture, a common—and too-frequent—fatal result.

A helmet, which is designed to protect one's brain against objects of steel, oak, asphalt or granite, would subject an unbelted driver to an even-greater risk of fatal cervical fracture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishoot308 View Post
I ride and wear a helmet, not all the time but many times and anyone would be an idiot to say that helmets do not help in low speed crashes. However I feel that is my decision whether to wear one or not and not the governments. I am sick of "big brother" trying to save me from myself. When does government intervention end??...Dan
A helmet for bikers is the definition for "Common Sense".
IMNSHO
ApS is online now   Reply With Quote