View Single Post
Old 11-19-2010, 10:49 PM   #41
hancoveguy

I am throwing a b/s flag on the play. If I am up to date on my insurance and not legally required to wear a helmet, ie in NH or ME etc, the insurance WILL be covering me regardless of how stupid I am...Scoured the policy and nowhere does add an overly restrictive clause that punishes for adhering to the law of the state I am traveling in. Same goes for seatbelts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fully paid policy = coverage!

Exception- Military personnel. While on active duty, regardless of a states helmet law/seatbelt law, the military member is in violation of the UCMJ and will void their Gov't guaranteed life insurance. FYI- the military also requires a road guard vest (orange flag man's vest) as well while riding a motor cycle on or off base.

One little known advantage of a state that has a helmet law. Motorcycle theft is exponentially lower. Who carries a helmet just in case they wanna steal a bike? Who can get very far on a stolen bike with no helmet?

No opinion on the helmet law. If there is a law, I wear the DOT certified helmet. If there is no law, I wear said helmet 75-85% of the time.

Seatbelt law- I WILL not wear a seatbelt.

HCG
P.s.
I practice what I preach, as a police officer, I have never and will never issue a seatbelt ticket. But... I will ticket and tow a bike for no helmet or a blatant non-DOT helmet.
hancoveguy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hancoveguy For This Useful Post: