View Single Post
Old 11-18-2010, 01:39 PM   #27
fatlazyless

Helmets for skiing and ice skating (ice hockey helmets) are very expensive. There's no law that says you cannot just wear an all-purpose $16.99 bicycle helmet from Wallyworld with a ski hat underneath, plus it's a good conversation opener in the lift line. "Like hey there, what a dorkey looking helmet you are wearing, like isn't that thing just a bicycle helmet!" And voila.....you automatically have something new to argue about ..... !

Last June 2009 while riding a bicycle, I managed to catch the front wheel in a crack in the asphalt road and smacked my forehead on an asphalt sidewalk curb while trying to reread the notice about a nearby yard sale that was attached to a telephone pole, and through my own dumb luck, was wearing a bicycle helmet at the time, which did get a small crack from the impact. After about five days of minor headaches and taking some tylenol, and NEVER going to see a doctor, the symptoms disappeared and all was well. Nice thing about the human anatomy, it is automatically self-repairing .... ....if just left to heal with a little time! I just said to myself: "Head - go fix yourself, because going to see some doctor is just too expensive!"