View Single Post
Old 11-18-2010, 09:24 AM   #23
Woodsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfeboro_Baja View Post
I do not own a bike and do not ride. If I did, I would probably wear a helmet (please note the proper spelling!) 50% of the time if not more.

I have a co-worker that has a strong opinion on the subject. He states that he has no problem with riders not wearing a helmet as long as they sign a statement that they are fully responsible for ALL medical care and will not have to resort to applying to Social Security or other forms of public assistance. Essentially, he doesn’t want to end up paying for someone’s healthcare because they chose not to wear a helmet and was involved in a crash that ultimately required expensive, long-term health care and they had no insurance to pay for it.

What do you riders think of that idea? I see his point, I’m just not sure that I agree with it.
I am pretty familiar with the why you should wear a helmet vs. why not. I have a family member who was brain injured (no helmet)!

There is one thing the helmetless do not know.... YOUR HEALTH INSURANCE WILL NOT COVER YOU!!! YOUR MOTORCYCLE INSURANCE WILL NOT COVER YOU!

If you go and read the fine print of your health insurance... (yes I know its worse than reading War & Peace) you will eventually find a clause that exempts the ins co from paying out ANY medical expenses on any head injury that occurs while driving a motorcycle or ATV without a helmet....

NO HELMET = NO COVERAGE!!

Woodsy

PS: Baja... I just used your quote because it was relevant! Def not a slam!

Last edited by Woodsy; 11-18-2010 at 10:14 AM.
Woodsy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Woodsy For This Useful Post: