View Single Post
Old 11-14-2014, 04:43 PM   #79
ursa minor

I swore I'd never chime in on this after my original post figuring (like many others) that we'd end up here in the "issues" forum, however here I am...

Full disclosure, I'm opposed to adding any further no wake zones to the lake, we've got plenty now thanks (IMHO). This was only strengthened a few years ago when some "neighbors" tried to slide a new NWZ in at the Barber's Pole under less than honorable conditions (again, my opinion). I stayed out of the debate on the forum on that one. When the true abutters of the potential NWZ were notified and were able to express their opinions the State determined things were fine as they were.

It was said then and I'll repeat it now: Instead of trying to enact more restrictions, perhaps the OP could contact the Marine Patrol to enforce the existing laws. (150 foot rule for example) They camp out at Eagle Island most weekends so it's not like they're not in the general area. Maybe it's a newer family that's not familiar with our local rules. A simple conversation could greatly reduce this issue and maybe eliminate it all together.

All this said, I can also see where the OP is coming from. There are times when it would be nice if those on the lake (usually a small minority of users) had some understanding that their activities on the lake can get annoying others around them. To have the same boat / boats/ jet ski's / etc. continually passing by for a long period of time can wear on you. We deal with it at our location periodically but then again when we bought our place we knew that we'd have boat traffic on weekends.

We've got plenty of time to hash this out before the next boating season. Personally I hope we all get to see more threads like Cate's epic sailboat trip from last season as we move forward. That's the good stuff on here, we should all try to do more of that, maybe it'll be contagious!

Last edited by ursa minor; 11-14-2014 at 04:45 PM. Reason: spelling (arrggh)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ursa minor For This Useful Post: