View Single Post
Old 04-24-2012, 06:07 AM   #17
Belmont Resident

Default dippasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
dippasan...

You have the wrong prop on the boat.... but it def explains the good hole shot. I would try to find a good used (not rehubbed or rebuilt) 14.25 X 21 per the Four Winns spec. Then go from there. The boat companies spend alot of time testing to find a good all around prop.

But if you really want to play with props..... a 4 blade 19P will prob rock the boat. It will give a great holeshot and pretty decent top speed. As a rule if you go from a 3 blade to a 4 blade you drop 2" of Pitch to account for swinging the extra blade...

Woodsy
Unless you have ever experimented with props you would have no idea what a difference it can make.
I was only using my info as an example. Yes the prop was expensive but the difference in handling on my 25 Baja can’t be described it had to be driven to appreciate. At speeds in the mid to high 60’s you notice things you just don’t on runabouts.
As Woodsy mentioned the correct 4 blade prop will give you pulling power you never knew you had, yes you probably will loose some top end but you generally prop your boat to what you plan on using it for.
Also if you are plunking down 80-100K for a boat, a prop even at $1000 is nothing.
Good luck with your research