View Single Post
Old 09-11-2014, 02:55 PM   #71
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webbsatwinni View Post
Off topic:
I have also heard rumor that the noise ordnance is now being tested at the scene and is you are over the limit at idle, they tow your boat, how can that be???
This is surely just what you state a rumor. The problem with rumors is that they create confusion.

Now they may test your idle noise level to verify a suspicion that you are over the law at idle. That I will believe. And if you are over the legal limit at idle, they will probably ask you to get your boat off the water until a formal test can be conducted both at speed and at idle. This also gives you the time to correct the problem, so that hopefully when you show up for the test you have a boat that will legally pass.

I doubt very much that they would tow your boat. The Marine Patrol will not even tow a distressed boat, unless it is in immediate danger.

Now what may have been witnessed is a repeat offender of the law, getting caught. If that is the case then I would suspect that they have the right to impound the boat, to prove that the boat was brought into compliance, for a date at some point, and was then found to have been tampered with and brought out of compliance currently. This however is conjecture on my part....

Rumors are Rumors. If there is truly concern about this happening, I would suggest someone correspond directly with the Marine Patrol.