View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010, 01:00 PM   #28
Skip

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEJ View Post
Just curious GTO since you know there is an issue with your lights why are you still using them while waiting for your new domes? Now that you stated here in a public forum that you know there is an issue with them could you be held liable if there was an accident? Glad the MP's were nice about it, that has been my experience in the couple of dealings with them over the years.

Skip, comments about liability?
There's that old saying that goes something like this; "you can be sued by anybody, at any time, for any thing!".

As always intent and "state of mind" are important factors in determining culpability and responsibility.

Two things come to mind:

I have never heard or read of a verifiable accident that has occured on Winni due to the fact that a boater was intentionally or accidentally led astray by shore lights. But I do believe the potential does exist and that is why the NHMP is taking a proactive approach to minimize or eliminate the possibility.

But with that said, if a government official has spoken to me on the record about a potential problem, I will assume that there is a record of that conversation. Hence, I myself would douse the lights until the replacement parts arrived.
Skip is offline   Reply With Quote