View Single Post
Old 05-11-2008, 10:27 PM   #59
Evenstar

Unhappy What's wrong with you people?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelnut View Post
You beat me to it... I was going to say the same thing. The variables alone have enough in them holes to sink the Mount. Drivel absolute drivel. Not to mention you can't EXPOLATE data. You can EXTRAPOLATE it though. I know you are going to claim that I am just being negative Evanstar but please. If you want to throw it around how "educated" you are and then post a completely ridiculous "lesson" on statistics you are going to be called out.

The end results even based on your flawed interpretation do prove one thing. The MAJORITY of boats on the lake are NOT exceeding 45MPH. You can spin it any way you want but that is a fact.
What is it with you people????!!!! Just because I'm in support of this bill does not give you the right to insult me!

It is also in violation of the forum rules:

Quote:
Do not post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, slanderous, inaccurate, abusive, obscene, racist, hateful, harassing, sexually explicit, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law.
Quote:

If you don't agree with something expressed on the Forum respond with your opinion, don't get personal! Your comments and opinions are welcome, personal attacks, insults or flames are not.

No "trolling" (trying to start arguments and upset people)!

You people really need to learn how to debate!

I've posted this before, but I'm still accused of bragging about all my abilities (now I'll likely be accused of looking for sympathy - which I'm not!). I'm a very open person and don't really know how to be anything but honest and direct - that's the only way that I can communicate.

You see, I happen to have brain damage, from being in a really bad accident when I was little. The left side of my brain was badly damaged. The left side is the language side, so I have some major problems with language - which includes things like spelling - which I mess up all the time. I cannot even think in words - I think only in images. When I write, I have to translate these images into words - which is a very difficult process. It takes me 3 or 4 times longer than the average college student to write a paper.

So please don't make fun of me because I mess up a letter or two now and then.

I'm a very good student, but only because I work extremely hard and stay up half the night studying. I'm able to attend my university because of academic scholarships and through a disability grant.

I can defend myself but it is not fair to attack me personally, just because I honestly believe that a speed limit will make our lakes safer.

If you don't agree with what I post - attack my points - not me.

No one has yet found anything specifically wrong with my statistical analysis of the speed study. All anyone's done so far is made fun of me and stated insulting generalities that my analysis is not correct. If I'm wrong, tell me why - don't just insult me in a lame attempt to discredit me.

Oh, Joe Kerr, I really don't know why you decided to join in on the attacks on me, other than it's really easy to join the crowd and pick on someone who is in the minority. I didn't get a 2.0 in Research Methodology last semester - I got a 4.0. I've never received less than a 4.0 in college (well, so far that is - but I tomorrow's final can easily end that streak).