View Single Post
Old 09-20-2007, 06:53 PM   #239
Formula260SS

I kept quiet with the info, I didn't think it was appropriate after the passenger posted. I guess now I will tell the story. Solid 3ft chop that day, we hung around the Island at our friends rather than boat due to the weather. After seeing 3 boats just kinda "hanging" out there I knew something was wrong, I figured a breakdown. After watching for maybe 3-5 mins we saw the last person bail off the boat, no indication to me the boat was sinking as it was way offshore. After the last person left the boat I went in for the binoculars, before I could get back out with them I heard my wife screaming it's gone, Stern down, Bow up, minuets later MP & the Fire dept arrived. Dan with Seatow came over later in the day to ask if we saw anything and to help with a location, he was back to us on Sunday and called later in the week as well. Kudos to the 2 boats who assisted, they were there the whole time we were watching and kept a potential disaster from happening, I had the impression the situation was under control as much as it could be given the circumstances, not sure it could have gone better from my view. From what I could tell it seemed to be an event that lasted some time, meaning the boat did not just sink all of a sudden, I'm sure the operator and his passengers would feel differently though. As everyone is we are very very glad that no one was hurt, we were shaken for the weekend, it's an event that makes you think. I will not speculate on why it went down I will only say again from my vantage point everyone reacted in a way that avoided disaster, my hats off to the captain, people on board and the boats who assisted.
Formula260SS is offline   Reply With Quote