View Single Post
Old 08-18-2015, 03:11 PM   #123
Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real BigGuy View Post
Rich,

It is funny you should mention the noise issue.

I was sitting down by the lake over the weekend reading a book and noticed that there is a constant thrum of noise. Boats running up and down the lake, wind in the trees, people laughing, etc. but, during the day it is constant. Not overbearing but constant

I never noticed it before but, like the guy who builds a house next to a highway and whenever he is asked how he can live with it he says "What noise?", I think we all become desensitized after a while.

Once i stopped paying attention to it, it seemed to fade away. I'm sure it is always there (at least during the weekends) but I never noticed it.
I agree... on the peak Summer weekends, there always is the hum of activity.

It can be boats, planes (yes I hear them too), cars and motorcycles on the roads, etc.

I think the geometry of the lake echos, and contains these sounds since the lake is basically a valley surrounded by hills. I could be wrong, but I think it contributes to the hum of fun (the sound of people having fun in and around the lake).

Some people hate the sounds of others enjoying themselves.

I'm more like Winnisquamer, when I see people near the dock I live on every weekend, I smile, wave and say hi.

Being happy is contagious! How can you not be happy, when you are surrounded by happy people that are enjoying themselves?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rich For This Useful Post: