View Single Post
Old 08-16-2015, 04:56 AM   #114
ApS

Post But It's Someone's Back Yard...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH_boater View Post
I do think it is flawed logic for a homeowner to think that the lake is large and boaters should anchor elsewhere. I choose not to anchor off someone’s dock. The lake is still public property, not an extension of their property. The homeowner, including myself, choose to buy property adjacent to what is essentially a seasonally active, crowded and noisy state park. One should not attempt to love the lake while hating all others enjoying it. Homeowners seeking NRZ's should also realize that many folks use the identified NRZ's as target destinations to go to because they must be nice places to anchor and spend the day. Many boats can still squeeze into NRZ's and anchoring attracts anchoring.
I'm answering from the perspective that Lake Winnipesaukee wasn't always a "seasonally active, crowded and noisy state park." The Big Lake does return somewhat to normal after weekends. (Fireworks start Friday evening).

The trend, however, is clear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellRaZoR004 View Post
Understandably this may have been the case all along - however, is it NECESSARY? Why do we need all these regulations? Sounds like a power trip from the homeowners. [/end rant]
According to Soundings magazine, Lake Winnipesaukee homeowners have it easy compared to the US' eastern seacoast.

ApS is offline   Reply With Quote