View Single Post
Old 09-11-2007, 02:19 PM   #104
jetskier

Post Kudos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver1111
I really don't want to spend time on speculation about any of this but this morning I heard one possible I will in fact post for your consideration. A man whose opinion I respect suggested that the reason this boat sank could well have been due to the coolant hose for system cooling coming off. A boat like this might pump 30 gallons per minute through the cooling system and if the hose remained close to its' connection point it's also possible an over-heated engine might not be noticed. That's alot of water in-fast.

As to compensation, I started this as a volunteer and continue on that basis at this time. Business has been slow so it's a good time to work this.
You deserve very large Kudos for spending your time and gas on this enterprise. Nice to see that there are people like you here at the lake.

I have a Cobalt and have had no issues with it (knock on wood). However, I have found that with other toys, such as my snowmobile, it is not uncommon for hoses to be left off or not tightened by the dealer. Of course, this could also be a manufacturer defect.
I think that the poor owners are going to be caught in the middle until the boat is salvaged. I hope that they have insurance and that they can replace the boat. I don't think that I would want to try to recondition the boat, if I were them.
jetskier is offline   Reply With Quote