View Single Post
Old 07-06-2010, 06:00 AM   #36
VtSteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondcurve View Post
Birchhaven:

I believe that is the case. Fear of being without a slip in combination with declining interest rates over a number of years resulted in the price of slips being bid up substantially. Increasing slip prices in turn supported the notion that a boater could be caught without a slip and also the idea that slip prices could never fall. Clearly there is a finite number of slips on Winnipesaukee and this supply won't increase much, if at all, in the years to come. However, I'm not sure this dynamic supports the current average slip pricing on the lake.
It might not, it takes time to steady out from economic fallout of paying whatever for whatever. Boat slips become like gold, scarce and sought after. Expansion of marinas is looked at like a giant, lake-eating fungus, so I doubt that will happen.

I'd have to think there is future value in owning a slip, while there is no value in renting one, except it's year to year. Most excluded this aspect of the comparisons, which also makes the slip collateral for a bank. Good selling point also if you ever sell a place on an island, include the slips.

Is MVYC a club with nice facilities?
VtSteve is offline   Reply With Quote