View Single Post
Old 11-18-2023, 02:23 AM   #20
ApS

Question An Update from Ormond Beach...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descant View Post
I don't understand why the sheriff didn't call in the plate number and learn that the car was properly registered, but just had a missing sticker, worthy of a warning note, not a ticket or a towing. I don't understand why the OP thinks, out of millions of cars registered in FL, his would be the one selected to have the sticker stolen.
Sounds like the motel needs an inspection by local code enforcement officials.
They won't know if nobody tells them. While not Lakes Region, I think the warning is to check Trip Advisor or other sources when booking is being done. I tip the parking valet when service is received. Paying the kid in advance who says "Watch your car, mister? Just $10." is questionable. A condo rule on Sanibel Island: "Don't back in because of fumes/noise going in open windows, doors and up to the second floor balcony."
My car was towed from an Ormond Beach Days-Inn motel.

Warnings to “Park with front of vehicles to be ‘facing-in’ or your car will be towed”. (Written in white shoe polish on lobby windows). I complied, and turned in for the night. In the early morning hours--just 15-feet away--my car was being towed.

In a follow-up call this month, Ormond Beach Police said, “It was the option left to motel parking lots to have 'derelict cars' removed”.

($150--plus an eight-hour round trip to court is hardly worth even going to Small Claims Court, but lawyers themselves only have write a letter). I emailed Days-Inn, who said they 'were sorry I was inconvenienced'. (!)

I suspect a scam between that Days-Inn motel and the tow truck company. (Eastern-European-owned, BTW).

Thanks in part to a major backup on I-95 on my return trip, I stumbled on a great nationwide chain motel in Georgia. (Although Tourist + State + City taxes made up a third of the bill for overnighting).

Meanwhile, Wyndham Hotels is still emailing me "earned points".

ApS is offline   Reply With Quote