Thread: PWC reviews
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2006, 09:49 AM   #7
ossipeeboater

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIKSUKR
I had already checked Boatest and Watercraft world for reviews and did not find much info.I currently have a Yamaha xl1200 that I've owned new for 5 years and it's been flawless and I'm looking to buy a big 4-stroke.I've narrowed it down between the new Yamaha fx cruiser and a couple of the Seadoo models.Just looking to read reviews on the GTX and Rxp.The only review I read on one of the Seadoo's was not good.This guy had many problems and was not getting any satisfaction from Bombardier.Thanks for any help.

The magazine test all rank the Sea DOo way up there and those I know with them have no issues, I get all the boat and watercraft mags but not all publish thier reviews online but all liek the RXT. I have both an FX140 and a Sea Doo GTX which is the same hulls as what your looking at. I like the steering on the Yamaha and the finger throttle better but the seat is too wide and rubs the side of my legs. I typically run the Yammie because my daughter fits behind me better on it than the Doo. I actually want something with less of a solid feeling so I'm thinking about a Honda F12 or a Sea-Doo GTI whose hulls are designed to have some fun on and spin out rather than go in a straight line but being on a small lake I'm not out there cruisng for long amounts of time.

PersonallyI'm happy with both but I'd find someone with an FX and a GTX or RXT(both the same hulls) and take them for a spin to decide which ergonomics and ride works for you. I'd let you take mine for a spin back to back to see but I'm on Ossipee not Winnie.
ossipeeboater is offline   Reply With Quote