View Single Post
Old 06-10-2008, 10:38 AM   #86
AC2717

Default I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbathe View Post
"WASHINGTON - With gasoline prices topping $4 a gallon, Senate Democrats want the government to grab some of the billions of dollars in profits being taken in by the major oil companies."

I like that they got it right in their use of "grab". How will that help any of us?

And my favorite quote from today's story is, "The oil companies need to know that there is a limit on how much profit they can take in this economy," said Sen. Richard Durbin of Illinois, the Senate's No. 2 Democrat.

Yah. That thinking is exactly how this country was built. We're going to tax ourselves out of this problem. Brilliant...
that is crap to be honest. lets tax them so when their profits get cut they just raise price. and youknow what the whole thing about other countries, well guess what, they get schooling, health care, dental care, and other perks that we have to pay for. Here we pay for the gas and these things. That arguement does nto hold water and I for one am sick of hearing it.
Gas needs to be regulated like a utility, but you know what they will screw that one up as well.

Oh wait can we start drilling now? pretty please, wish this would have never stopped