View Single Post
Old 06-30-2010, 08:28 PM   #32
secondcurve

Quote:
Originally Posted by birchhaven View Post
I am lucky enough to own a house on the shore so I have my own dock. What I am wondering is? Is the biggest con to renting a slip, the unknown? As in not know whether or not you can rent it year after year? Making one of the biggest benefits to owning a slip the knowing?
I only ask because I heard discussion of one marina offer a perpetual lease, that seems like it might be the best of both worlds. I don't know all the details but I can look into it if those are the reasons for not liking renting?
Birchhaven:

I believe that is the case. Fear of being without a slip in combination with declining interest rates over a number of years resulted in the price of slips being bid up substantially. Increasing slip prices in turn supported the notion that a boater could be caught without a slip and also the idea that slip prices could never fall. Clearly there is a finite number of slips on Winnipesaukee and this supply won't increase much, if at all, in the years to come. However, I'm not sure this dynamic supports the current average slip pricing on the lake.
secondcurve is offline   Reply With Quote