View Single Post
Old 09-09-2011, 11:38 AM   #442
SteveA
Deceased Member

Thanked 2,053 Times in 496 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNoonans View Post
As I am also a professional demonstration jumper, I can tell the LAA first hand that when we jump into stadiums, the most complex of our demo jumps, that with the full blessing of the FAA, we list the stadium parking lots as alternate landing areas if turbulence over the stadium prevents someone from getting into it. The FAA signs off on it, so maybe the LAA might have a tough time if they went that route in an argument......lol

Here is a couple of photos of me landing in Lincoln Stadium last year for a Philadelphia Eagles fan appreciation night.

Note in the second photo, the orange flag, thats the target on the 50 yard line. We exited the airplane over Interstate 95 about a mile and a half north of the stadium over south Philly and despite these "non directional control, subject to wind drift" parachutes....lol, we managed to make it all the way to the stadium and land on the 50 yard line.

Good thing none of those pesky katabatic winds threw us off course.....lol
Tom,

I don't know if you know or have heard of Dana Bowman. He is a very inspiring speaker, and I have hired him a number of times as a motivational speaker.

http://www.danabowman.com/

He has landed in some very tough spots for the events we contracted him for, Including a paved parking lot and beside a swimming pool in the courtyard of a hotel in Maryland.

When Mrs SteveA did her jump in Florida, they landed Exactly where the jump master had told us to wait for the "landing photo's".

The control the professionals have is amazing.