View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 05:49 PM   #26
Greene's Basin Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belmont Resident View Post
I've been out in 4 foot waves and had the same thing happening to me. I was able to adjust my tabs, trim & speed and make it work going straight into the waves.
But I also believe the length of the boat can add or subtract from the problem.
A smaller boat is going to have many more problems during these conditions then a bigger boat will, which is why many will recommend at 24+ foot boat when people ask for recommendations on boat sizes for Winni.
Green Basin Girls I'd question weather your referring to the same type of weather as mentioned. I was on a 28+ pontoon boat being ferried out to a job.
When I asked about how the boat takes the lake I was told a totally different story. Having not seen how a pontoon reacts on the broads in big waves I cannot comment. It does not make sense that a pontoon boat with or without canvas will outperform a v-hull in rough/windy conditions. With canvas up you will be protected but your gonna get blown around and have to deal with that as well as the waves. I owned a cruiser and it was amazing what putting the canvas up did to make the boat hard to manage on a windy day.
Did the 28 foot pontoon boat have 2 or 3 pontoon's? The number of pontoon's can make an unbelievable difference when out in the broads on a rough day.

Last edited by Greene's Basin Girl; 09-28-2012 at 05:53 PM. Reason: Wrong words
Greene's Basin Girl is offline   Reply With Quote