View Single Post
Old 02-26-2005, 01:09 PM   #5
Grant

Default Great Story

I have to add a little sidebar to the car saga, as there's a forum link.

Senter Cove Guy and I became dive buddies a few years ago when he e-mailed me through the forum. Seems we're sorta Lake neighbors. At the time, he sent me a very detailed letter explaining how he'd been looking for the car for years, and now wanted to dive and locate it, and also included the scan of the Grunter article from 1937.

Well, to make a long story short, we've since enjoyed numerous dives together, from one end of the Lake to the other. But we never dove the car together...for various reasons...not for lack of his desire to get there! (More like high boat traffic in the area, me being convinced that there would be nothing left of the car, etc.) So when he e-mailed me late last August with word that he'd located the car, I was absolutely thrilled. It only seems proper that he should find it -- having invested so much research into the incident.

And thanks to Don for providing the forum that hooked me up with a great local dive buddy who is ALWAYS game for plunge! Looking forward to getting back beneath the surface of the Lake this spring so we can take a look at this "wreck" and some of the rest of the stuff at the bottom. Can May get here any faster?