Thread: Lake Riding
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 10:00 AM   #20
Winnisquamguy

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belmont Resident View Post
Every time this comes up you say the same thing over and over and over then when I explain it to you in person you finally get the point I'm trying to make.
Mike it isn't and never has been about the cost it is about the principle and the fact clubs are loosing out because of it. If you took the time to READ my post instead of breezing over it you would have read just that.
Yes same thing for hunting and fishing which is consistently loosing out as well as more and more choose not to pay the higher fee's.
I'll pay $100 to ride the trails, but so should residents. OR and here is where it gets tricky, don't charge me double and ask me to help out, it isn't right and it isn't fair, regardless of how many miles we ride in a given season.
Obviously I am not the only one who feels this way either.

Now back to the storm,12+ for Sunday and it looks like another one coming for Wednesday-Thursday that was supposed to be rain, now could be all snow.
So you're a non resident and put on 5000 miles but the resident who rides a few local club trails rides 500 miles . You still think the resident should be out there before you. What your not understanding is you ride the trails the most you should be the first guy in line to help out not the guy who rides 500 miles. If the trails got shut down because there was no help who would hurt more the guy who rides 5000 miles or the guy who rides 500. Resident or non resident its the guy who rides 5000. It comes down to you use them more so you should help out. When the state says we have to close this whole part of the state because we just cannot get the help, what are you going to do? Move to another part of the state?

Look nobody wants to do it but it needs to be done to ride the nice trails you ride. What about you getting something off on registration? Say you do 10 hrs of trail work you get resident price or if a resident does the same he get $20.00 off. Nobody wants to do a thankless job anymore than the next guy. But come on, you ride a lot of the same trails with your ATV's as well and not to work on any of them doesn't seem right.Why do you think The Forks owns 4 groomers? So they get people to their place to ride their trail system. You have to put the work in to have what you do.