Thread: Lake Riding
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 05:09 AM   #18
Belmont Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnisquamguy View Post
You of all people should not be bitching about the prices on a normal year you ride 5000 x 2 sleds = 10,000 miles on Maine trails for $180 bucks seems pretty cheap to me.Whats that's a mile? You say the trials are unbelievable to ride on so they must be taken care of very well.I know you and I have gone back and forth with this many times and with the amount of miles and land you use off trial riding you are getting your monies worth. Try looking at it that way. VT is only $32.00 for non resident $25.00 for resident or you could head over to NY were its a $100 non and $35.00 for resident.

Hunters have to pay a non resident fees to hunt in NH, ME, or MA . If you want a Maine moose permit and you are a non resident you pay $ 585.00 compared to a resident of $52.00 are they getting ripped off too?
Every time this comes up you say the same thing over and over and over then when I explain it to you in person you finally get the point I'm trying to make.
Mike it isn't and never has been about the cost it is about the principle and the fact clubs are loosing out because of it. If you took the time to READ my post instead of breezing over it you would have read just that.
Yes same thing for hunting and fishing which is consistently loosing out as well as more and more choose not to pay the higher fee's.
I'll pay $100 to ride the trails, but so should residents. OR and here is where it gets tricky, don't charge me double and ask me to help out, it isn't right and it isn't fair, regardless of how many miles we ride in a given season.
Obviously I am not the only one who feels this way either.

Now back to the storm,12+ for Sunday and it looks like another one coming for Wednesday-Thursday that was supposed to be rain, now could be all snow.