Thread: Lake Riding
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 09:02 PM   #17
Winnisquamguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belmont Resident View Post
Until something is changed the clubs will continue to suffer.
I personally have done every job except drive a groomer. That all came to a head when I started adding up my cost and took a good look at just who the volunteers were and where they were from. In my case and in the case of many of the surrounding snowmobile clubs it seemed to always be the none residents who showed up and took an interest.
Now I pay my registration fee and I ride.
All of these state officials, many of which probably don't know a snowmobile from a snow blower need to get with the program before it is to late. Registration rates should be the same for everyone regardless of what state your from. Every single one of us rides the same trails why should one pay more then the other. It just so happens that the state, Maine, that I ride in happens to be the worst. Then if you make everyone pay the same you have a reason to expect help from none residents and would probably get more willing volunteers.
OK I'm done now.
You of all people should not be bitching about the prices on a normal year you ride 5000 x 2 sleds = 10,000 miles on Maine trails for $180 bucks seems pretty cheap to me.Whats that's a mile? You say the trials are unbelievable to ride on so they must be taken care of very well.I know you and I have gone back and forth with this many times and with the amount of miles and land you use off trial riding you are getting your monies worth. Try looking at it that way. VT is only $32.00 for non resident $25.00 for resident or you could head over to NY were its a $100 non and $35.00 for resident.

Hunters have to pay a non resident fees to hunt in NH, ME, or MA . If you want a Maine moose permit and you are a non resident you pay $ 585.00 compared to a resident of $52.00 are they getting ripped off too?