View Single Post
Old 09-02-2014, 10:25 AM   #38
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
Riddle me this batman:

Why does it seem OK or semi acceptable for people to directly bath in the lake (tradition?) but it seems very taboo for anyone on a boat to even think about having a shower or sink to wash your hands if it drain into the lake?

Something doesn't make sense to me.
The problem with letting grey water drain into the water is that you can't guarantee that it is only soapy water. Into sinks go greasy residue, the last little bit of soda, some times little scraps of solid food etc. It isn't just soapy water, that the grey water laws where enacted for.

The amount of soap dispersed into the lake from someone getting a quick bath is not a significant amount, as long as a bio-degradable soap is used.

As others have said, think about the ecological damage from one weekend of activity at Braun bay.... not that I am trying to take that away from people, I am not.... Hell I do it once in a while myself.... but not all boats have bathrooms, and most people aren't going to take the time to walk up into the woods. Then you have the food, etc. that falls into the lake.... bottom line is

If people bath in the lake let them......ecologically people have been doing this for years.... and there are far more damaging things going on around the lake... like Fertilized lawns... drain water run off.... etc....

Those whole thread is just plane silly