Thread: Bike Vendors
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 05:21 AM   #26
Belmont Resident

Default Lobster pound

Quote:
Originally Posted by no-engine View Post
Happened to go by Lobster Pound late this afternoon. I hope manager or owner reads here.
I would never know there's a restaurant behind the abutting tents along the road! They must take in enough funds from space rental fees to offset their lack of visibility to potential new customers!

Oh well, not for me to suggest how to run a business from now to the 17th, Father's Day! Just my observations each year!

Also, vendor tent on saloon side of entrance to drive-in. A revenue stream for land owner! we know who!
Believe me the lobster pound does not lack any business during bike week or even this the first weekend leading up to it.
My wife and I were there last year several times on our bikes just to people watch because the weather wasn’t good for anything else, and business was booming. We did go into the beer tent once but the music is so loud it hurts. Must be old age kicking in.
By the way anyone looking at those hanging chairs called Air Chairs beware.
We bought 2 last year and the first weekend in use one came apart at the stitching.
We are going to try and return it this year as there is no way at all to contact the vendor, all information given on the brochure led us to a dead end but more interesting is we found the same products for far less then they sell them for and we bought a pair for what we thought was a deal.