View Single Post
Old 06-28-2008, 01:17 AM   #52
laker06

I started working in my family's business at the age of 10 and have been paying for my own things for quite some time. I am also paying my way through college. I do not feel as though anyone owes me anything nor do I feel any sort of entitlement. I understand that being on the gas docks does not mean I should automatically get a tip and I certainly don't expect one from every boat that I pump gas for. I also do not think that just because you have a large and expensive boat that you are required to tip. Never in any of my posts did I say that it is a requirement of anyone to tip gas attendants nor did I personally attack anyone like some of you have chosen to do. My first post probably was not as clear as it should have been and I did not mean to create such a negative reaction. I guess my viewpoint may just come down to the way I was raised and my family's values. I was taught to give what you can when you can. So, if I owned a boat and was helped by a courteous gas attendant, then yes, I would tip them. Not because I could afford it, but because I know that every little bit helps.
laker06 is offline   Reply With Quote