View Single Post
Old 05-13-2008, 05:39 PM   #39
SAUGUS BOATER

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC View Post
I did say i was going to up the tip to $5.

Also, what I do for a living couldn't possibly be less relevant to this discussion. It is the responsibility of the employer to adjust wages to market and this has little bearing on the gratuity left for the dock hand. Do you increase your tips to servers every year in response to inflation?

Maybe what you do for a living is relevant to this conversation. Maybe someone who enjoys coming up to the lake and has a great job that allows him to do fun stuff like this with his family and is actually GRATEFUL
that they can. MAybe that person has a "share the wealth" mentality and can finally reward someone for actually going the extra mile to help. I'm not talking about a guy that puts gas in your tank and says "have a nice day" (that's what the $4.00 a gallon is for). I'm talking about the guy that helps guide your boat in without smashing into the dock, actually remembers your name from the day before when he put $200 dollars worth of gas in your boat, gives you some tips on secret spots to enjoy the lake, and maybe even tells you you have a hot wife
SAUGUS BOATER is offline   Reply With Quote