View Single Post
Old 04-23-2008, 07:14 PM   #82
Evenstar

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaChick View Post
Too bad there wasn't a speed limit...this man's life could have been saved.
You people are really pathetic!

First Skip digs up something that happened 25 years ago, which has nothing at all to do with the speed limit. I'm not even sure what you're getting at, other than to use this tragedy to poke fun at me.

And then KonaChick tries to make a joke out of someone's death.

Well, I'm not laughing.

Look, people make mistakes all the time and some pay the ultimate price for a mistake. But at least his mistake wasn't the cause of an innocent person being killed.

I know all about hypothermia. My collegiate sailing team is on the water from the end of February until mid November. But we all dress for the cold temperatures. And I kayak in northern NH from mid April to mid Nov, but I have the proper gear for doing so. And I don't drink. And I wear a PFD. And my kayak has sealed flotation chambers. And I can do self rescues.

I do everything I can to be safe out there. But I can't protect myself from someone who is going too fast to notice me. Which is why I'm fighting for a speed limit - because I don't want to become a statistic.

Is there nothing that you will not stoop to? And my posts are the ones being moderated!!! I don't even think I want to be part of a forum like this one anymore.

You are not the type of people that I even want to associate with.