View Single Post
Old 04-22-2008, 02:31 PM   #40
chipj29

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaChick View Post
APS your jetski/sufer picture is priceless. How ignorant do you think people are? Most legit surfing competitions HIRE jetskis to bring surfers out, rescue stranded surfers and to be available in case of surfer emergency. Your picture is just an example of mother nature and how unpredictable she can be. Shame on you for your blatant fear mongering and trying to link this picture with ANYTHING that could happen on the lake...tsk tsk tsk.
I can't believe I missed that part of his post. I actually saw that video on TV recently, on one of those "Worlds Wildest Video" shows. The jet ski was there for the exact reason you state...to assist the surfers. The guy on the jet ski came across the top of the wave and went a hair too far, and the wave sucked him in. There was nothing he could do. And I have to say, he was in no way going at an excessive speed. Except for when the jet ski was riderless going down the wave.
Anyway, the guy was supposed to be there. He just mishandled a wave. Nice try on the horror spin and fear mongering APS.