View Single Post
Old 04-21-2008, 07:28 AM   #15
ApS

Question In Support of the INsupportable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tis View Post
"...People that don't live on or boat on the lake, really don't care it there is a speed limit or not. Why should they...?
My folks live ˝-mile from the lake in Wolfeboro. They want speed limits—maybe to protect their kids, do you suppose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islander View Post
"...See you all there! I will have on a yellow WinnFABS shirt. Please say hello...!
Please wear a WinnFABS shirt all the time, so I can someday introduce myself and thank you for your efforts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelnut View Post
"...the majority of boaters never read up or were even aware of such a temporary limit.
You?...can speak to what the majority of boaters read?

It's A FACT that it appeared in the state's largest newspaper before The Survey. Please add that biggie to the seven other major errors I accounted for in the Survey.

Quote:
"...If you want to wave that as evidence that skewed the results please go for it. It actually helps the cause because you are concurring that the data itself was correct..."
I am? I wrote that? I'm concurring? Where are all these words coming from?

Even an Opponent agrees that the results were skewed: how 'bout we wave this one that also challenges The Survey's credibility?

Quote:
"...the obvious visual deterrant of the MP boats in the first place which would probably slow someone down anyhow..."
Quote:
"...That being the case good luck proving a newspaper article was responsible for making thousands of boaters instantly compliant with temporary speed laws..."
Thousands? Nobody made round-trips for several weeks? No Jet-Skis?

Hundreds of readings—maybe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
"...Going 45mph in a boat is hardly a slow speed..."
I have the daily benefit (and advantage) of paralleling a major boating mecca on a highway where the speed limit is 45. The vast majority of boaters below these bridges aren't going near that fast; however, the boaters that are exceeding the speed of all these trucks and cars on those bridges are a clear and present danger to everyone—and everything—on the waters below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tis View Post
"...Let's just hope the house members have some common sense and realize a speed limit is just another law that isn't going to make any difference..."
For a moment, think of the burning of tobacco in restaurants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrc View Post
"...We will argue how misguided this law is and how the proponents have unsavory motives..."
Lake Winnipesaukee is not the only locale dealing with inappropriate watercraft. Between the four surfers in this videotape—and the one vessel with an engine—you'd be in support of the Jet-Ski?