View Single Post
Old 08-24-2007, 11:25 PM   #28
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee
Default Thoughts on Tipping

Ok Ok maybe I am mean and unkind, but why would I tip a Gas Dock attendant? I think people have gotten over zelous when it comes to tipping. You go into Gas station, gas dock, hell I have even been in a McDonalds with a tip cup. Tipping a waitress is one thing, first off I know He/She is making a lower wage because she is supposed to get tipped and report it. Now someone working at a Gas Dock is getting paid a full wage, and if you tip them they aren't going to be reporting it. The Key is they are getting paid a full wage. I am not going to pay someone more money to do a job that they are getting paid for. If some college student needs to make more then minimum wage to have spending money for the year then they darn well better get a good summer Job.... That is what I did.... sure I wanted to work at the gas docks in the summer and be by the water but I new that wasn't going to pay the bills.... All the tipping that is going on is criminal it is showing teenagers that no matter what the job is you can make more money by fleecing the customer, by acting like your desperate....

Sorry to ramble on here folks.... but what is next tipping the attendant at the self serve Gas station.....