Thread: new to area
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2014, 08:54 AM   #3
HomeWood

Congrats on your move to the lake. My wife and I are also planning to retire up there in about 14-15 years when I am done here in NC...ya a ways, I guess.

My family had a house on the lake in Moultonboro since 1960 or so. It was sold last January after both my grandparents had passed. My family is in search of another now. Anyway, as far as winter goes, there is ice fishing, snowmobiling, skiing for winter activities. Maybe you can look into joining the Meredith Rotary that holds the ice fishing derby every February. Both of my grandparents were very involved with the Rotary for years.

I can see how a long winter could get a little dull. If you have not snowmobiled before, I suggest renting a couple this winter to see if you like it. If you like it, go buy one (or two) and join a local club. Most of them do weekend rides, poker runs, progressive dinners, and even off season activities. Don't forget that Boston is only a couple hours away, so you two could always have a weekend trip there to break it up some.

Maybe consider volunteering at an animal shelter or senior home. Both of my Grandparents eventually lived and passed away at Goldenview senior home in Meredith. They had volunteers who would come in to do all sorts of stuff with the residents. Just brainstorming here. Again, congrats on your move to the lake.
HomeWood is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HomeWood For This Useful Post: