View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 10:10 AM   #25
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default Disheartening to hear...

The Woodshed is about as far from my house as any other well known restaurant and well respected restaurant. That being said, it limited our number of visits, but we always enjoyed our visits there. However, because of the long drive, we have not been there in more than just a few years, and with postings of the inconsistencies in quality and service during this time, we decided that the journey may not be worth it.

We now tend to only go to those special places for special events, and even at that, we may choose to Do It Ourselves at home. When our daughter and granddaughter both wanted lobster and steamers for their birthdays (dates are three weeks apart), we choose a date in between both, got the lobsters and steamers at a great price, used the LP cooker, had salads, corn, and drinks for far less than it would have cost to go out. A little extra time and work, had the picnic table covered in newspaper, and an easy clean up made for a great day. We had the meal during the day, cleaned up, and headed out in the boat.

So Wakeboard Mom, I agree you may well be onto something, and unlike you, I live here year round. We love to go out to eat, but cost and in some cases, unfortunately, the quality of food and/or service limits the times we choose to go out to nice restaurants.