View Single Post
Old 02-02-2012, 06:20 AM   #20
secondcurve

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProfessor View Post
Did you bother to read the inital post?

You obviously didn't read or you don't wish to read about the Postal Accountability and Enhancement Act of 2006.

Why can't your local post office stay open during lunch? All workhours are dictated from headquarters. Each office has a set of hours. The local postmaster cannot create more hours or different hours. The local postmaster cannot change the hours of operation without permission from headquarters.

As far as telling a story about some mailman in Peabody, MA 30 years ago sitting in some garage for a time. You are completely missing the point of the initial posting.

In the real small post offices with just a postmaster, when do you expect the postmaster to take lunch?

Some just can't see the forest through the trees. Some are just against government. Even though the post office does not receive any federal tax monies. Zero.

The US Post Office is the most efficient in the world. With the highest productivity. The price of stamps is also the lowest in the Western World. Just go look at Canada. The Canadian dollar is about on par with the US dollar. How much is a first class stamp in Canada?

You will miss it when it is gone.
Mr. Professor:

You are living in a different world. The post office has lost 25% of its revenue in the last several years and it is expected to lose another 20% in the next 5-years. Has the post office adjusted its cost structure the way a private business would to survive? Trust me, the answer is no. If the tax payers wanted to save money (and lots of money) we would out source the whole system to UPS or Fed-x and it would be fixed pronto but we can't do that because of the unions.

Let me give you a little quiz that you failed once above but perhaps if I put it in simpler terms you might get the correct answer this time since after all you are a professor. Here goes: If you were running a private, FOR PROFIT business and all your customers came at lunch time but you were the only employee in the shop what would do?
secondcurve is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to secondcurve For This Useful Post: