View Single Post
Old 01-19-2010, 03:00 PM   #8
Formula

Default Free Trails?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedwannabe View Post
So why is it that there are so few sledding hills, or cross country ski trails for that matter, and yet there are snowmobile trails everywhere?

While I'm not totally opposed to snowmobiles (in principle), its very hard to enjoy the winter without meeting one if you want to ski xc. What I would most like to see is separate trail systems, ....but while there are hundreds of free snowmobile trails, I don't know of any free xc ski trails.

I would imagine snowmobilers would like xc skiiers to have their own trails, so they didn't have to worry about coming around a corner at speed and hitting one, and I know many xc skiiers would like to enjoy the peace and quiet of the woods without worrying about being hit.

Reminds me of Rodney King - "can't we all just get along?"
I am an outdoorsman. If it happens outdoors then i do it including xcrountry skiing and snowshoeing as well as a big snowmobiler and have 4 of them for me and my friends and family when they visit. The snowmobile trails are not free. I paid $63.00 each for not being a NH resident (although i live here many months and pay taxes, that is another post for another time) plus a club fee of $30.00.
The local clubs provide a grooming service for the trails. If it was not for the local clubs then the trails would not be groomed for the FREE use of the other outdoor activities. I agree with you that there should be seperate trails and that there should be a group of clubs taht can maintain them.
Formula is offline   Reply With Quote