View Single Post
Old 07-26-2006, 10:17 AM   #21
Mee-n-Mac

Thumbs down Courtesy more than safety

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiier
Perhaps there was a better direction in which the driver could have turned (I don't know), but he had the right of way regardless.

If everyone obeyed the rules, the kid would not be in danger because any oncoming boats would slow down.
For me the issue is more one of common-sense and courtesy rather than outright safety. As mentioned by GH and myself above, we see things that just aren't smart and certainly indicate a lack of courtesy to others using the lake. Look at the pic below and note the skier trying to start out by FL 23 (indicated by arrow) - Sandy Pt. The boats should pass btw FL23 and the shore to the right. There was a fair amount of traffic (more boats just out of frame) going both ways when these guys were trying to ski. Why they didn't go a few hundred yards, up/down or across, to get out of the "channel" is beyond me. Especially as it became obvious from his multiple falls that the skier was a newbie. He did eventually get up though I don't think he was in dire danger of getting hit but they sure did mess up traffic flow unecessarily.
Attached Images

Last edited by Mee-n-Mac; 07-26-2006 at 06:21 PM.
Mee-n-Mac is offline   Reply With Quote