View Single Post
Old 07-02-2006, 07:13 PM   #3
wildwoodfam

Default Never had a problem at Weirs....

... and I have been boating on Winni since I was 12 years old (now 40 - wow, hate to admit that!). Also - if I am reading your situation correctly - there should never be a situation where two boats are coming through the channel next to one another as this is a case of "bad etiquette" and is also dangerous since its one lane each way through...but if in fact two boats were coming out together one would obviously need to make the first move ahead to clear the other boat - again you shouldnt be that close to the other boat coming out of that busy channel so as to prohibit yourself from heading off toward Meredith. I've never tried to be the guy who took off first - too much to lose in that situation - when I am out boating - I am having fun and realxing, especially in those crowded areas.

That said - I have never seen a boat idling in that area obstructing other boats - even the ones pulled over by the MP - its a pretty wide area to be boating in... only time I have ever encountered an issue was coming under LI Bridge and having another boat come out from the sandbar at full speed into that channel...and then cut his engine as soon as he realized what he'd done - which made matters worse because he just sat there looking perplexed. As a rule - this is a crazy weekend - so I tend to lay low - and cruise the waters nice and slow - taking in all the sights.

Enjoy and happy boating!

Last edited by wildwoodfam; 07-03-2006 at 04:31 PM.
wildwoodfam is offline   Reply With Quote