View Single Post
Old 01-12-2010, 07:58 AM   #3
hazelnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
My wife & I needed a quick getaway week-end after the holidays so we decided to go to the lake this past Saturday for a nite. We spent the day more or less driving around the waterfront taking in the Ice, Bob houses etc and shooting lots of pictures. But I digress --

Went into Center Harbor to my wifes favorite store (Keepsake) and take in the Mount at dock. To my surprise was the fact that Doris & Sophie were both drydocked - in past winters they have always been docked.

and the reason for the post ---> To my greatest surprise I learned that Sophie is a single "screw" craft yet Doris is a "twin screw" ..... although I must admit I never gave it much thought while they are in the water - I was rather surprised and would think that it would be the other way around (if not BOTH single screw crafts).

p.s -- If anyone wants a great getaway nite, I highly recommend the old B Mae's/ Fireside. Can't beat the price (<$100), large rooms, has a pool and is very clean & presentable
As far as I recall from working on the Doris back in the early 90's she is outfitted with twin Allis Chalmers diesel engines. The twins make her a tad easier to handle in tight spaces. She can turn on a dime around the docks. Sophie is a bit tougher to handle in an around the docks. As far as the HP on either boat goes I am drawing a blank.
hazelnut is offline   Reply With Quote