View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 07:43 PM   #301
evergreenenvious

Quote:
Originally Posted by no-engine View Post
Commuted thru that area between 5:15 and 5:45 today.

Any source of water needs design to drain and winterize. I'm not a gardener, but I think I recall the base of the Weirs roundabout center is formerly asphalt, not much base for a decent garden. They have to replace with nice topsoil & fertilizer, and constant maintenance in growing season - Start very soon. Research plants to grow in these conditions. Do watering at night with mobile tanks when traffic is reduced.

Yes, unfortunate the convenience store (Citgo) closes for winter about mid October. I much prefer to go there than Cumberland Farms for my gasoline! Oh well, it's local operator decision.

Observed back hoe and front loader moving around the saloon rubble, but I saw no method of trucking it off. Maybe a vehicle was off dumping, as I did not wait to see. At 5:30-ish, where would they be dumping that rubble?
It was looking kind of like a training operation for new young operators of the two pieces of well-used equipment!!! I looked but could not see a company name; remained in my vehicle on Lobster Pound property, only briefly.
wouldnt have to be an actual garden, they could make it look nice with just some soil and mulch like you said and some larger potted plants. like those wooden barrel style ones but yes someone would still have to maintain and care for it

Last edited by evergreenenvious; 09-26-2012 at 07:45 PM. Reason: forgot something
evergreenenvious is offline   Reply With Quote