Thread: Hummingbirds
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2004, 09:20 AM   #17
Pepper

Thumbs up More Bird information

I find one of my best resources for bird information is the Wild Bird Depot in the little plaza across from Shop-n-Save. They've recently launched their website at www.wildbirddepot.com. Additionally, Steve offers an e-mail service called Bird Droppings, which he puts out on a regular basis - it's loaded with timely information. That's where I got the link I posted above. Check out his site, and sign up for the newsletter if you'd like to get info "Just when you need it!" I buy all my seed and feeders and baths there, as he stocks only good quality, and is priced right! In the seven or so years that I've been shopping there, I've gone from having only sparrows, starlings and house finches, to having cardinals, indigo buntings, redpolls, orioles, hummers, gold finches, evening and rosebreasted grossbeaks, juncos, and too many other birds to mention. He offers great advice based on your location, the season, etc. I can't say enough about what I've learned from him, and how much more enjoyable he's made my at-home birdwatching! It's way more than just a store, it's like a resource center for bird freaks. Check it out, or at least check out the site and sign up for the newsletter.
Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote