View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 05:57 PM   #6
Belmont Resident

Default smaller is usually better

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
Looks like all the honest Mom and Pop businesses are on the 'noncommercial' side of the lake. Gilford and surrounding towns use to have great businesses. Now they are all franchises etc. and they are all about greed, not wonderful service. =(
I have had really great luck with Winnipesaukee truck (106 in Belmont) when it comes to my diesel repairs. They were great to deal with, and had a lot better prices then the dealership and work was done right the first time.
I have also had one of our vehicles serviced at Laconia garage right across from Granite State glass in Laconia. He was also fair with prices and a pleasure to do business with.
Personality goes a long way at least for me, I’ve found that most of the dealerships in this area have lost touch with customer service.
But it was the same way when I was in big business in the semiconductor industry, the bigger a business gets the more your just a employee number and less of a person.