View Single Post
Old 11-09-2004, 06:17 AM   #4
glennsteely

Smile Yes I do watch it every chance I get.......

I had it on video and 2 or 3 years ago my mother in law found it on dvd for me for Christmas. I love the movie, when it came out my Grandmother and I went to see it in the movies. The movie is a little closer to my heart than most people I guess. We had a cottage in Meredith bay that my Great Grandparents had built, it was passed to my Grandparents who in turn passed it on to my Parents, who sold in divorce a few years ago. I spent my every summer of childhood at the lake. With my Grandparents, who were a lot like Norman and Ethelberry, and I in my pre-teen and teen years was the same rebel kid character as the movie portrays....... dont get me wrong, I wasnt dumped there......I couldnt wait to get up to the lake for the whole summer.....my parents would come up for a week here and a week there, but they had to work and it would be just me and Pop Pop riding in the boat, or me and Mom Mom picking strawberries and blueberries, laying in the yard reading books, getting up at dawn to fish, swim........Yes, it is one of the tools I use on a weekly basis to keep the lake close to my heart and mind. Oh yea, it is a great soundtrack. There is only one thing I dont like about the movie, When the boy gets to take the boat out, and starts going in circles, you can see the shadow from the helicopter that is doing the filming......I guess that is my way of seeing that film is not perfect.....only the lake is......GS