View Single Post
Old 01-16-2009, 09:37 PM   #37
trfour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave R View Post
My bike has a functioning tach and a stock exhaust, but I'd love to see someone try to attach an inductive pickup to one of my plug wires. After they go through the trouble of pulling the tank and removing the air-box, they'll discover that my plug wires are low voltage wires that feed 4 coils, one mounted directly on each plug. I'm not sure the tach would even work.

This is simply a bill written by a couple of Representatives trying to address the noise problem. It's not a feasible solution and will not likely pass the house, I can't imagine a Senator passing this thing, as written.

Most folks would agree that there are way too many loud bikes out there. Most of the annoying ones are cruiser style because they can safely make a lot of noise, through many gears, without moving very far or fast. You don't hear many sport bikes at WOT/redline because they can't do it for long. Many modern sport bikes are exceeding 100 MPH just to get to the redline in first gear and reach 150MPH in less than 10 seconds. There are not many places near population centers in NH with room to use WOT for long, and at 100+ MPH, the noise goes away really quickly.

About the tach,.... Please!!.......... Nowadays, most motorized vehicles to include motorcycles, use [ EIM ] or [ ECM ], electronic ignition module, electronic control module, for engines. Such engines have an ECM port wired into the wiring harness. We, in the industry for years have used, what they call a PRO-Link.... To explain, a PRO-Link is a hand held minni, not to be confused with a Winni, computer with changeable software to facilitate ( year make model ) to not only check RPMs, but in fact set engine timing, increases or detune, decrease Horsepower and set road speed, Max-Min and a host of other performance parameters.

My point is, Whom ever is responsible for writing Law in NH, or where else, Please, double Please, get up to date!

Always Remember, The Best Safety Device In The Boat, or on a PWC Snowmobile etc., Is YOU!

Safe sledding tips and much more; http://www.snowmobile.org/snowmobiling-safety.html
trfour is offline   Reply With Quote