View Single Post
Old 07-12-2009, 10:44 AM   #6
ApS

Default Sounds Serious, Hope All Is Well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mneck1814 View Post
"...You can complain about how expensive it is all you want, but when you or a loved one are in a life threatening situation you will be thankful that the service is available..."
You still must use some judgment in an emergency:

A few years ago, and before his telephone had been restored for the season, my neighbor staggered over to my place complaining of shortness of breath, and asked that I call an ambulance. I did so, and set him down in my vehicle to await the ambulance.

About 20 minutes later, the ambulance finally arrived, but continued on its way driving past my driveway.

Fortunately, ours is a dead-end road, and I flagged him down on his return. Still more minutes disappeared while he was carried up the hill.

All things turned out well, but I could have driven the same distance to Huggins Hospital in 8 minutes at legal speeds!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Sold View Post
Channel 9 reported this morning that there was a jet ski accident Saturday in Wolfeboro.
It happened in Lake Wentworth, which is technically within the Town Limits of Wolfeboro—but just barely.

The Lake Wentworth Association had previously outlawed the "Jet-Ski"—probably more for their...ummm...err...ummm..."omnipresent ambiance" than to protect the public.

With a little help from the Legi$lature, the "Jet-Ski" model-name morphed into the "PWC" moniker, and all was right with the Lake Wentworth world once again.