View Single Post
Old 02-28-2014, 01:01 PM   #41
Slickcraft

Thanked 1,999 Times in 913 Posts

We took a look on Friday of opening week but it was too crowded to really look abound. We did pick up some .22 LR bulk ammo then.

We went down again early this morning to take a careful look around. As I am not a fisherman I have no opinion of their large fishing section. Some observations in other areas:

Shooting: They don't deal at all in used guns and have no plans to. There is no gunsmith in the store and no plans to have one. There is no fine guns section and no plans to have one. The reloading section is not as complete as Riliey's or KTP. They have a good supply of ammo but no bargains (no .22 today but more expected). There is no way that they will put Riley's out of business.

Clothing: I looked at the men's and my wife at the ladies clothing. There is a pretty good selection of what looked like a little above Walmart, maybe Target grade. However they don't compete at all with KTP or Cabela's for either selection or quality.

Camping supplies: Looked like an isle in a large Walmart.

Overall may be worth a visit occasionally if nearby anyway but I would not make a special trip to go there.
Slickcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Slickcraft For This Useful Post: