Thread: Dead golf cart
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2011, 08:44 PM   #18
Rusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
As previously stated we assume you meant 60 Amp fuse. If it is the fuse in the house power panel and you fried it using the charger, you've got big issues, probably with the charger. You really need to know what you are dealing with. Is is a 36V cart, (six 6 Volt batteries) or a 48 Volt cart (eight 8 Volt batteries). Then make sure you have the right charger 36 vs 48.

If you popped the 60 Amp fuse in the charger (which is a major league transformer), it was either a power spike/lightning strike or a major short internally in the cart. As stated earlier, both www.buggiesunlimited.com and www.golfcartcatalog.com have great forums and technical advice for cart owners. I have 3 carts and these two sites have helped me tremendously.

A golf cart requires a lot of maintenance to keep it running for many trouble free years.

BT
"48 Volt cart (eight 8 Volt batteries)"?

I think a 48 volt cart has six 8 volt batteries. My Club Car golf cart does anyway.

My golf cart is a 2003 and the only thing I do to it is add distilled water to the proper level, keep it charged, and keep the terminals clean.
It is just about maintenance free.
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote