View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011, 06:01 PM   #9
sa meredith

Default correct

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkjoshuatree View Post
I'm always looking for something new and different to do in the area and I ABSOLUTELY love the movie!!

I'll have to check it out.

Side note: The scene where Norman lets Billy take the boat out by himself has to be filmed on Winni, right? I was up on Rattlesnake (the one in Holderness) the other day and I can't imagine a spot on Squam that is large enough for that scene.

Does anyone know the answer to this?

Thanks!!
Yes...our guide, who was a complete expert on all things "Squam", made it a point to mention that the one and only water scene not filmed on Squam, was when Billy went out alone, and sped around, as Norman watched from the dock. That was filmed on Winni.
As a side note, the tour does not pass very close to the cabin...it is sort of difficult to seen anyway, as the lot is heavily wooded. The house was pointed out, but even with the provided binoculors, all I saw was a clump of trees.
Upon reviewing the movie, I saw that the house really was not right on the water...there was a small path.
If you go, you'll note the gas dock really still looks about the same.
The error in the movie, however, is that Norman speeds off into Little Squam, while their house was actually the opposite way thru the channel.
Also interesting...we were told that He and Ethal came much closer to crashing into the boat house as he sped off, than was ever planned...which can be seen easily when viewing that scene.
It looked good though, and the director was fearful of a re-shoot, so it was left as is.
sa meredith is offline   Reply With Quote