View Single Post
Old 07-13-2009, 11:02 AM   #49
AB_Monterey

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmen24 View Post
Sounds like a call to the legislature to create a law banning ducks from the water.....Wait, they were here first, so, make that a law banning US from the water.

What else is unacceptable:

-Getting poison ivy rashes that make that photo look like an acne breakout.
-Having 5,000 black fly's swarm my head as I try to clean up the yard in the spring or tee off at the golf course.
-Being on river for four days and having to swat at a herd of mosquitos while doing anything around camp.
-Having bloodwork taken everytime I go to the doctors to check for a spike in antibodies to see if Lyme has in fact taken hold in my body from the tick that I never saw bite me.
-Having one of my customers high water alarms call me at 1:00 in the morning on a 0 degree January night.
-Having a deer run out in front of my new truck.
-Having someone tell me that I need another law or something needs to be done for me but they have not realy been affected by it, but if it does happen near them, then watch out.

Welcome to Northern New England, this is just a small part of life in this area, some of us have chosen to live our lives in these conditions because there is more to the area than the small list of things that is wrong with it. If it is not to your liking please pay the toll on the way out.

Thank you Newbiesaukee for being the first to mention this, you are not alone in the "that is the way it is" crowd regarding natures wonders.
Can we outlaw stupidity while we're at it?
AB_Monterey is offline   Reply With Quote